Please follow the written guide or video below to learn how to assemble your Athena NC100-200 with Screw Rod Target Lift, Electronic Scoring Target:
Thank you for choosing the Athena NC100/200 System!
Before you begin, ensure you have all the parts listed for the initial setup.
Parts Included for Initial Setup (NC with Screw Rod Lift):
•1 × Electronic Scoring Target (EST)
•1 × EST Power Adapter
•1 × Red/Green Lights
•1 × Mirror
•1 × Spanner 7/16’s
•1 × Support Hardware Box
•1 × 5ft long Square Tubing (Rod) (NC W/Lift Models)
•1 × Threaded Rod (NC100 W/Lift Models)
•1 × Rod Mounting Hardware (NC W/Lift Models)
•2 × Rod Mounting Brackets (NC W/Lift Models)
•1 × Camera Arm Mounting Hardware
•1 × Base Mounting Hardware (NC W/Lift Models)
•1 × Wooden Base-board (NC W/Lift Models)
Recommended for Initial Setup:
•1 × Surge protector
•1 × Level/Flat surface
SAE Tools Required for Initial Setup:
•1 × Measuring tape
•2 × Spanner 7/16’s
Precautionary: Do not use power tools on the EST unit. Assembly may require more than one person. Use the correct power supply (supplied) on the EST unit for proper operation. Place the EST Unit on a level-flat surface for best results.
1.Secure a reasonably flat workspace.
2.Align Rod Mounting Brackets, as shown, to ensure proper alignment.
3.Use hardware from the bag labeled “Base” .
4.Identify the bottom of the wooden Base-board with recessed drill holes.
5.Place a single flat washer on each bolt and insert into the bottom side of the wooden Base-board.
6.Affix Rod Mounting Brackets onto the top side of the wooden Base-board.
7.Place a split-washer and a nut on the bolt.
8.Securely fasten nuts and bolts on the Base assembly.
Base bolt locations
Base Bolts in bag
Recessed holes, bottom of baseboard
Installing Bolts with washer through base
Mounting the bracket
Split washer and nut
1. Place the square tubing into the Base assembly brackets, aligning the holes.
2. Use hardware from the bag labeled “ROD”.
3. Insert 4 bolts into the square tubing's pre-drilled holes-through to the Base assembly brackets.
4. Affix square tubing using the split-washers, and nuts.
5. Securely fasten nuts and bolts on the Rod assembly.
6. Ensure all nuts and bolts are securely fastened to the Base and Rod assemblies before continuing.
Aligning Square Tubing Rod with base assembly
ROD Bolt bag
Attaching Rod to Base using Bolts
Securely fastened assemblies
Threaded Rod Assembly:
1. Slightly loosen the Power Adaptor Bracket to slide it down the Square Tubing.
2. Slide Power Adaptor Bracket onto square tubing, ensuring the “J-Hook” Power adapter mount faces up and outward of the assembly.
3. Slightly tighten bracket nuts to lock the Power Adaptor bracket in place.
4. Slide threaded rod into Power Adaptor Bracket.
5. Measure 10 and 1/8th inches from the wooden Base to the underside of the bottom bracket.
6. Adjust threaded rod level until flush with the bottom bracket.
7. Tighten bottom bracket till split washers are flat. Do not overtighten on plastic parts.
8. Re-measure and adjust accordingly.
Loosening the Threaded Rod Bottom Bracket
Installing Bracket to face outward from Base
Slight Tighten to keep in place
Threaded Rod Install
Threaded Rod approximately 10 and 1/8th inches from Base
Threaded Rod flush with bottom of bracket
Tighten Nuts and Bolts appropriatley
1.Use hardware attached to the Camera Arm, remove the end nut.
note: install can be easier if the bolt and nut are flipped so that the bolt is within the provided hex cut-out of the camera arm hinge.
2.Carefully place the CAMERA-ARM to the Target without damaging cables.
3.Align Camera-Arm holes with EST unit holes and affix using a bolt, washer, and nut.
4.Tighten bolt or nut until snug. Do not overtighten.
5.Connect the Ribbon cable from the EST unit to the camera arm assembly. It is crucial to align the metallic leads of the ribbon cable outward, towards the metallic leads of the ribbon cable connector. Improper installation will lead to a “no camera detected” warning.
6.Connect the Camera LED power wire to the dual prong connector on the top Mask LED strip.
7. Remove plastic lens cover from the Camera. Wipe clean using a clean microfiber cloth.
Hardware preinstalled on camera arm
Bolt and nut flipped for simpler installation
Installing Camera arm w/Bolt on Target
Installing 7/16ths nut
Tightening components till snug
Ribbon cable connector to camera arm
Pulling out ribbon cable locking tabs
Installing ribbon cable, pin side up
Pressing in ribbon cable locking tabs
Left: Properly locked tabs. Right: Incorrect/unlocked tabs.
Camera LED cable needs installed to Front LED board
Overhead view of LED connector pin location
Properly connected LED power pin
Double checking the camera arm bolt and LED power pin
Grabbing the Cameras' Plastic Cover
Removing the plastic lens cover
Mounting the Unit:
1. Be cautious not to drop the NC100 unit.
2. Find the threaded Gear, washers, and bearing assembly attached via zip tie to the EST lift mount (Behind Camera Arm). Remove the Zip tie, re-utilize as an alignment/installation tool.
3. Insert the Gear, washer, bearing, and washer in this order from bottom up into the Motor Mount cutout. Then use a zip tie, bolt, pen, or similar device to keep the Gear Assembly in line and in place.
3. Align the unit with threaded rod and square tubing on the left-hand side.
4. Slide unit down square tubing, ensuring proper alignment of the Rod and Threaded Rod thru the Mounting Brackets.
5. Turn the gear counter-clockwise to release the Gear unto to Threaded rod. Slowly rotate the gear and ensure the washers and bearing are not snagged be the Threaded rod. If snagging occurs, rotate the gear back out slightly and re-align the washers and bearing till the threaded rod is fully through.
6. Slide top bracket on, ensuring the mirrored side faces inward.
7. Level the top bracket and tighten nuts until split washers are flat. Do not over-tighten on plastic parts.
Keeping Gear and washer in place with zip tie
Slowly removing ZIp Tie while threading gear
Backing out gear and aligning washers/bearing
Mounting Top clamp mirror in
Threaded Rod Flush on Top clamp
XO Red/Green Light Assembly:
1. Attach Indicator Lights to the rear of the NC100 unit.
2. Properly attach keyed connector pins behind the NC100 unit.
3. Peel off the plastic protective cover on the mirror.
4. Slide the mirror into the Forty-Five Degree slot above the Indicator Lights.
X/O Frame Tabs being slid into main frame notches
Keyed connectors under X/O board
Aiming Masks, Loading the Paper-Roll, and Power:
Rear Aiming Mask:
1.Rotate the 2 cam locks towards the EST Front to unlock the mechanism
2.Insert Rear Aiming Mask between the frame and paper tensioner, ensuring the paper stays within the cutout guide.
Right Side Cam Lock
Installing the rear aiming mask
Loading the Paper Roll:
1. Locate the conical spring-loaded Paper-Holders at the top of the unit.
2. Remove plastic caps from the Paper-Roll.
3. Cut the sticker binding the edge of the Paper-Roll with a sharp blade.
4. Install Paper-Roll onto spring-loaded Paper-Holders.
5. Feed the Paper roll on top of the rear aiming mask and through the top and bottom guides of the pressure plate till it touches the roller of the Tape Feed.
Paper-Holders at top of Target
Removing Plastic end caps
Cutting sticker on paper roll
Cutting edge of paper roll
This paper can cause rips, misalignment, and feed issues
Feeding Paper through guides to rollers
Properly Fed Paper roll, Front aiming mask to be installed after feeding tape
Power/Paper Roll Feeding:
1.Ensure Power and Tape Feed Switches are in the Off position.
2.Plug power brick into the bottom of the NC100 before plugging the power cable into the outlet.
3.Place the power adapter brick into the holder on the bottom bracket.
4.Power on the EST.
5.Align the paper roll with the Feed rollers.
6.Switch On the Paper feed roller and feed the paper roll through till taught.
7.Switch off the paper feed roller.
8.Trim excess by pulling paper roll against the trim blade.
O means Off,
Power Plug location, underside of EST
Power Brick holder at bottom of Rod
Plug. Preferably to a surge protector
Powering On (-)
Feed the paper roll through the feed rollers using this switch
Paper roll feeding through, paper cutting blade in front, pull paper against this to tear
Front Aiming Mask:
1. Insert front aiming mask in front Paper roll, utilizing the mask guide to ensure alignment.
2. Rotate Locking cams towards the rear of the EST to secure paper tension.
Installing Front Aiming Mask
Ensuring paper alignment before locking
Locking Down cams and ensuring Paper tension
Properly installed Mask
•After the EST is fully assembled, measure the aiming bowl height from flat ground level. Ensure it is approximately 1.4 meters or 55.1 inches from a level ground.
•Standing position, the allowable tolerance is up to 2 inches (5cm) up or down.
•Kneeling or prone has an allowable tolerance of up to 4 inches (10cm) up or down.
•If the height is not set within these tolerances, one may loosen the brackets one-at-a-time to properly adjust the EST's Aiming bowl height up and down. Re-tighten any loose nuts or bolts once complete.
Aiming Bowl in standing measuring roughly 55 inches
Pellet Collection Bag:
•Secure the pellet collection bag using an elastic band underneath the unit at the pellet collection funnel.
•Replace the lead collection bags as necessary, dispose of lead collection bags according to your local or state regulation.
Connecting to the Athena Network:
•If you ordered with WiFi equipment, no further steps are required.
•If using your WiFi network, follow [link to instructions](https://support.orionscoringsystem.com/index.html?providing-wifi-credentials.html).
The ATHENA NC100 Target and Automatic Screw Rod Lift are now complete. If you have any questions, contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703)-596-0099.
Assembling Athena NC Target